Tar Heel Fan

Friday, June 09, 2006

The World Cup

Just so you know, I really could care less. I hardly ever watch soccer much less the World Cup. Even though this year the U.S. has a highly ranked team I really have a hard time watching the World Cup. I find it tedious at times and the play is boring. The guys can flat out kick the ball which is amazing but generally speaking I will probably watch snippets here and there, especially in the championship game(because I really like watching drunken Europeans nearly riot over something as trivial as sports) *If something wild happens like a riot or the U.S. makes it to the semi-finals I might give it more attention, other than that I will be in my yard watching the grass grow.

2 Comments:

  • I typically agree about watching soccer. Fun to play, awful to watch. However, I dig the World Cup. Want to have a good time, go to El Rodeo during one of Mexico's games. Back in 98, I watched a few after summer classes on Hillsborough Street, and it was a blast.

    By Blogger NCAA Champs '09, at 6/12/2006 10:34:00 AM  

  • Well I jumped on the Canes bandwagon after being a non-hockey guy my whole life so I can only handle one new sport at a time.

    Besides I was a big soccer fan back during my UNCG days going to games there.

    By Blogger BCB, at 6/12/2006 11:11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home